The sections below include:
- Information, links and articles on child health policy topics at both the federal and state levels. (For ideas on what to do with this information, see the Advocacy Section.)
- Information on how to locate child-related policy information and child health data at other websites.
- Past issues of CaCSHCNews, our statewide quarterly newsletter that addresses children with special health care needs.
- What’s Up: Federal Issues
- This section contains information and brief articles on hot topics at the federal level regarding children with special health care needs (e.g. impact of DRA documentation requirements and other DRA sections).
- What’s Up: State Issues
- This section contains information and brief articles on hot topics at the state level regarding children with special health care needs (e.g. health care reform). CCS Numbered Letters are the documents sent to county CCS programs that provide policy guidance for administration of the program. Current and archived Numbered Letters can be found at the State CCS website. You can search the site by topic to find Letters addressing a specific issue.
- Technical Assistance
- This section describes where to go to locate child-related policy information, including links to other sources of policy info (e.g. Kaiser Family Foundation, CA Healthcare Foundation, UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, GWU, Georgetown, etc.).
This section also has selected new and interesting child-related policy articles (articles themselves or links).
CAHMI Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health
- Archived News
- This section CaCSHCNews -- as well as information and articles previously highlighted on this website.